Tuesday 18 August 2015

BABY: What I've Packed In My Hospital Bag




In my last blog post, I showed you what I decided to pack in my baby hospital bag. This post is focused on my personal hospital bag. As I mentioned in my previous post, this bag was also hastily packed at the same time as the other bag. I was very conscious of overpacking and looking like a wally, so I've tried to keep my items to the minimum.



 So, here is a list of the things I decided to pack:
  • Weekend bag, purchased from Tesco, similar here.
  • A towel.
  • A nursing top.
  • Maternity leggings.
  • 2 button fronted nightdresses.
  • 4 huge pairs of black full briefs - I've heard the aftermath can be messy and I also wanted knickers that would come up high, in case things don't go to plan and I have a caesearean.
  • Socks - I've since purchased some fluffier ones, for possible cold feet during labour.
  • Slippers - These were from Primark and I thought were handy as I didn't need to worry about my swollen feet not fitting into them. 
  • Flip Flops - Just a cheap pair that I could potentially wear in the shower, if it doesn't look brilliant in there, or for general walking around.
  • Pack of approx 20 maternity pads - for after labour.
  • Headbands, a hairtie and grips - I'm pretty sure I won't want my hair in my face during labour!
  • Lip balm.
  • Coin purse with change and notes that will be needed for parking and snacks/drinks.
  • Earphones - In case I decide I need music to help me through contractions.
  • Tissues.
  • TENs machine - Hopefully will help me through labour.
  • Washbag.
  • A lightweight dressing gown (not shown in the photo, ooops!).







I've tried to cover a lot of bases in this washbag. I've included the essentials like a toothbrushes (for me and Chris), toothpaste, deodorant, shower gel, facial cleanse wipes and moisturiser. If possible, I've purchased travel sized products, just to save on room. I've also put in travel sized hand cream, body lotion, shampoo, conditioner, muslin cloth and a hot cloth cream cleanser. I'm pretty sure I won't get around to using these, but if I did, they're at hand.



Other items that need to be put in at last minute are my hospital notes, hairbrush, iPhone charger and camera (with a charged battery and memory card). We've also got a big bottle of water and 3 cartons of drink for me, along with a red bull and some lucozade for Chris, cooling in the fridge. Snack wise I have a box of Jaffa Cakes, a couple of bags of apple crisps and some Jelly Babies to munch on.

Our midwife suggested we take our swiss ball with us, as our hospital doesn't have these. So, depending on if I'm finding the ball useful during labour at home, this may also get thrown into the car when we set off.

That is it for my hospital bags. If you think I've missed anything vital or that you may have found useful when at the hospital on the labour ward, then please leave me a comment below. :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment