Friday 14 August 2015

BABY: 38 Weeks Pregnant Update


So.. the baby still hasn't made an appearance. Family members are getting impatient now as everyone just wants to meet Baby Skerritt. I can't wait too, but I keep telling him to just come out when he's ready.

This week my bump has visibly lowered. I now look more like one of those men who have a huge beer belly that sits over their trouser waistband! Baby Skerritt has also lowered and has made it hard for me to walk properly, not that my walk has been normal for quite a while. It has definitely developed more of a shuffle into my waddle. I feel sorry for anybody who gets stuck behind me when going going upstairs.. ahem.. sorry Chris.. is comparing it to climbing Everest a bit over the top?

The same sleeping issues are still burdening me .. sciatica, cramp, problems rolling over etc. I have loved having a baby bump and you can't describe the closeness you feel when the little life inside you is moving around. However, the larger my bump has got, the more I look forward to being able to quickly run upstairs to fetch something, sleep on my back or even to bend down to pick things up off the floor.

It's hard to say for certain, but I feel like I've had a few mild Braxton Hicks throughout the week. There has been some tightening and mild pain lower down in my bump and pelvic area. It was enough for me to stop and take notice, but not enough for me to think it was real labour.

Swollen feet and ankles have returned with a vengeance. They made a reappearance when the weather improved. My personal masseuse has been great and really helped to make them feel so much better.

Apart from that the only other thing worth mentioning is my bath time struggles. Physically trying to lift my legs to step into the bath for a shower really hurts my groin area. That's another thing I won't miss after the baby arrived!

Next week the only plans we have are to go to one of our last midwife appointments (if Baby Skerritt doesn't arrive before then). Really though, we are just clock watching and hoping we may get to meet this little boy who is so loved and so wanted.. sooner rather than later.






1 comment:

  1. Hiya lovely, thanks for stopping over to say hello :) yes..I'm 39+4 today so only a day in it right? Our little girl is due on weds! Eeek!
    Wow, your bump is lovely & low - I'd definitely say bubba looks like they'll be making an appearance soon. I'm nowhere near that low yet *sigh* haha
    100% with you on the not being able to walk, rolling over in the night...can't WAIT to feel normal again!
    Take care & fingers crossed our little ones won't keep us waiting too much longer
    xoxo
    http://squishygandme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete