Thursday 30 April 2015

BABY: 23 Weeks Pregnant Update


Today I am 23 weeks and 6 days pregnant. To think I am over halfway through this pregnancy seems unbelievable! Where has the time gone? To say we are both flabbergasted would be an understatement.

I have felt the baby moving for around a month now... at first I wasn't sure if it was wind, but this week has seen the strongest movements that I've felt so far. Sometimes I forget to keep drinking my water, or leave it too long between breakfast and lunch and this is when he seems to get really active. I fear he is telling me off for not keeping him well nourished *hangs head in shame*. Late night/early morning is another highly active time. At the moment the movements are more of a strong flutter, but as he gets bigger and stronger, I can see how he is going to give it some welly!

I haven't felt that tired as I'm still only getting up once in the night to empty my bladder. I'm also making the most of the lay-ins that I can currently have. I know these will probably be the last I will experience for many years to come.

For the past few weeks I have had some pains in the groin, that make it painful to turn over in bed and walk or sit for long periods. We have a midwife appointment next week, so I think I'll mention this to her.

My skin has taken a turn for the worse and a few blemishes have surfaced. I probably exacerbated things when I did a deep pore cleansing mask. I've been mainly make up free for the past few days so hopefully they will clear up soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment