Saturday 2 May 2015

HOME: The Body Shop Fragrance Oil Burner Review

The Body Shop Home Fragrance Oil Burner

Earlier this year, we had my sister-in-law come to visit us down in Cornwall. A few weeks later, whilst more relatives were visiting, we were handed a "thank you for letting me stay with you" present from her. I opened it up (Chris was busy talking and drinking tea) and found the most lovely oil burner and fragrance oils. She clearly knows me well as I strive to have a pleasant smelling home and I may have a tendency to stock up on candles. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that I may have the beginnings of an addiction.

Well, Chris will be happy as I think this oil burner may end up being a lot more economical. The oil burner and oils were purchased from The Body Shop. The burner itself is made from soapstone and the neutral colour really compliments our Living Room.

It is also really simple to use. A tealight is placed into the centre of the burner. The lid that rests on top is half-filled with water and then you just add a few drops of your chosen fragrance oil to the water. All that is then needed is to light the tealight, which will in turn heat up the water and release the fragrance. Easy Peasy! It does state to use the burner for only 20 minutes and to not let the water in the lid dry out. I must admit I have lost track of time and had it on for half an hour and there was no damage to the burner.

We received two oils as part of the present. The Jasmine & White Frangipani oil has quite a sweet and light smelling fragrance and is more of a feminine smell. I use this in our Living Room but I think it would suit a bedroom really nicely too. The Aloe & Soft Linen oil has a subtle clean and fresh smelling fragrance which again suits a Living Area or even a Bathroom. I recently purchased the Green Tea & Lemon fragrance oil and it's just as lovely as the other two. This has more of a fresh citrus smelling fragrance, which smells gorgeous in our Living Room, but actually would work great in the kitchen.

I've heard that some fragrance oils can smell quite synthetic, but I haven't found this with the oils from The Body Shop. They can also throw their scent throughout the downstairs of our house really well. If I'm honest, they are probably more successful at doing this than many candles that I have purchased.

So, before you go out and spend your hard earned money on a really expensive candle, why not give an oil burner a try. You won't regret it!

Have you tried an oil burner? Can you suggest any fragrances I may like? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such helpful information with us. I hope you will share some more info about Home Fragrance Diffuser. Please keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete