Thursday 20 August 2015

BABY: 39 Weeks Pregnant Update



39 Weeks! I'm actually writing this at 39+6 and have found that this week has really flown by. This week we have really entered the Baby Skerritt Sweepstake birth dates, so all of the family members involved are keeping a beady eye on their phones, ready to receive any message of my labour. 

Towards the end of this week, I've had a few signs of my imminent labour! For the past couple of days I've had a few weak Braxton Hicks feelings. They don't really last very long and are slightly uncomfortable, but not very painful. Today, though, I have had a few period type pains and mild backache. Is this a sign of things to come?!
 
Baby Skerritt has been very active throughout the day. It has become more of a shuffle and almost feels like he is burrowing deeper into my pelvic area. This has made walking around feel pretty strange. Get me a cowboy outfit and you may mistake me for a tubby John Wayne. 

My actual bump is probably no lower than last week, but it honestly does feel like it comes down to my knees. In the areas of my bump that have dropped, I've found that my skin is getting less stretched. This has, in turn, made my stretchmarks in those areas more faded. 

The same sleeping problems are still present, but I have found that I can sleep longer on each side before the cramps set in. YAY! The bad news is that having the baby lower means my bladder is suffering. My new record of toilet trips during the night was around 5. That was a bad night. So, I've tried to get a better balance of staying hydrated during the day, but just not too close to bedtime.
 
We had a midwife appointment this week and everything was fine. When feeling for the baby, she did say that if he gets any lower we will see the whites of his eyes! So he really must be low!! I was offered a sweep at the same time, but I declined and decided to book in for one next Wednesday, when I will be 40+6 weeks pregnant. I suppose I could live to regret it, but I wanted to try and give myself a chance of going into a completely natural labour. 
 
Fingers crossed, Baby Skerritt will arrive sooner rather than later. We are all so excited to meet him, and being honest, things will be a lot easier if he comes soon before the big move


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment