Monday 3 August 2015

BABY: 36 Weeks Pregnant Update


This should have gone up on Thursday, but I didn't get around to finishing the post off. Sorry! Better late than never though! I can't believe I've got to the point of being 1 week away from a full term pregnancy! This is pretty nerve wracking, yet exciting, to think the baby could arrive at any time. Eeeek!

I feel like my bump has definitely lowered this past week, I'm not sure it has significantly grown in size though. Little Bumpy, however, seems to be getting himself much lower down, to the point that I am very aware of him whilst walking. It has been a little bit awkward and uncomfortable walking upstairs, which I fear is only going to get worse as the weeks go by. My sleeping issues are still the same.. turning over and getting up to wee are both still a mission. My nightly trips to the toilet have multiplied from once to maybe twice or three times now. Trying to sit up does involve the husband's help, as sometimes I feel like my bump has me pinned to the bed. My belly button has partly come out at the edges but still no full POP!

My lower back has been a lot better, but then, I'm not moving around as much as before. My nightly massages really help me to get off to sleep (thanks Chris!), before the dreaded sciatica starts giving me gyp in my bottom.

I'm being careful in not squishing the bosom too much in everyday life, as I know if I do, the likelihood is that they will leak. Luckily my main leakages have been during my sleep, so no embarrassing wet patches whilst I'm out shopping.

I've been so thankful that the weather took a turn for the worse as it really helped my swollen feet and ankles. I also ordered some size 6 trainers, so I can actually fit my feet into a pair of shoes! I'm probably the only person who doesn't mind this cooler summer we have been experiencing!

Activity from Little Bumpy is similar to last week, but I do feel like he doesn't have as much space for big wriggles. They are definitely now more of a smaller fidget. He also still manages to get hiccups on occasions.

I had one moment last week when I desperately needed a wee and had a real strong pain, but after going it was still there. I did wonder if that was a Braxton Hicks moment. I'm still not certain if it was, but it is a possibility.

We finally had our first meeting with a Health Visitor. She wasn't actually the one assigned to us as that lady has been poorly, but she kindly paid us a visit on the behalf of the poorly lady. I was nervous about meeting a health visitor as you hear all of these horror stories. I needn't have been worried as all she really did was get to know both of us a little and also take us through our red record book for Little Bumpy. She also wanted to see how much we knew about labour and our plans for after the birth. She was very inclusive with Chris and sent him a 'Dad's Club' pack which included a changing mat, bib and a baby aide memoire aimed specifically at fathers. Our situation is a little different as we may possibly only get one visit before we move away from Cornwall. Hopefully the Health Visitor in Lincolnshire will be just as nice!

Finally, for a bit of fun we have started a baby sweepstake within our immediate family. They have all chosen a date of birth, a baby name and a baby weight. We just thought it was a nice way of bringing both sides of the family together and to bring a bit of excitement to the waiting game of the arrival of Little Bumpy.

That's it for this week. What sort of experiences have you had with Health Visitors? Did you ever do a baby sweepstake? Feel free to comment below.





No comments:

Post a Comment